Due to the recent Covid -19 outbreak, this will have undoubtedly changed everyone’s lives. We as a practice have had to change the way we operated based upon guidance from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and the British Veterinary Association. This page is to give you updates on our most recent protocols and opening hours (see below). For tips about animal care during these unprecedented times, please see our blog posts.
Appointment and medication collection protocols
• Please wear a mask when you are bringing your pets to us.
• We will be able to continue with telephone consultations and you may be asked to send in photos or videos to aid with our diagnosis.
• Owners are not being admitted into the practice. If you require to bring your pet, we are asking owners to wait outside & call to let our staff know. Your pet will be taken into the practice for their examination & the vet will call you with findings.
• When collecting medications or food we again ask that you call our staff when you are outside the practice, we will gather your medications or food and they will be handed out to you. Payments will be taken over the phone, prior to collection.
• As staffing levels permit, we shall be able to continue with home deliveries, to those in need and to our Friends of Westport Extra members.
Repeat Prescription requests
We kindly ask that your repeat prescription requests are sent to us via email, in order to keep our phone lines free for the urgent and emergency cases. We will respond to your requests as soon as possible. Deliveries from our suppliers are taking longer, so please order your food or medication in good time. Please email requests to Medication@westportvets.com
At Westport Vets, we are working hard to ensure the safety of everyone to help prevent the spread of covid-19. We are working with reduced staffing so there may be delays. We appreciate your cooperation in these difficult changing times and are always here to help.