Due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak, this will have undoubtedly changed everyone’s lives. We as a practice have had to change the way we operated based upon guidance from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and the British Veterinary Association. This page is to give you updates on our most recent protocols. For tips about animal care during these unprecedented times, please see our blog posts.
Appointment and medication collection protocols
• Please wear a mask when you are bringing your pets to us. Although legislation has relaxed, we are still requesting that you wear a mask, if possible. This will help us to continue to keep our staff safe.
• We will be able to continue with telephone consultations where necessary, and you may be asked to send in photos or videos to aid with our diagnosis.
• Clients are allowed back into the practice, but we request you follow the instructions of the team. We request that only one person per pet attends each consultation, unless you have young children or cannot come to the practice unaccompanied.
• In Linlithgow, you should go into the garden & then phone 01506 844165. One of the team will then bring you into the practice. We are only able to have 3 people in the reception at one time, due to the size of the room. If you are collecting medication, please glance into the reception to ensure it is safe to come in.
• In South Queensferry, please enter the practice and follow the instructions of the team.
• In Drumbrae, please ring the bell and follow the instructions of the team.
Repeat Prescription requests
We kindly ask that your repeat prescription requests are sent to us via email, in order to keep our phone lines free for the urgent and emergency cases. We will respond to your requests as soon as possible. Deliveries from our suppliers are still taking longer, so please order your food or medication in good time. Please email requests to Medication@westportvets.com
At Westport Vets, we are working hard to ensure the safety of everyone to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. Since 2020, we have managed to avoid serious illness within the team and have not had to alter our opening times significantly. This has been due to our clients following our recommendations and helping us stay healthy. We appreciate your co-operation in these difficult changing times and are always here to help.